Thursday July 14th - 5pm to 9pm - Introduction to Dynamic Movement While Shooting
This is a Level 2 Intermediate Class. Course is limited to 12 participants. No exceptions.
This defensive movement course will cover movement during the draw, reloading while moving, movement to and from cover, and shooting while moving. Our instructors use the EDGE method to deliver information to students in an easily understandable and easily retainable way.
Date and Location:
July 14th, 2022
5pm to 9pm
44800 N Interstate 94 Service Dr, Belleville, MI 48111
Students MUST be proficient in safe gun handling and drawing from the holster.
Solid understanding of muzzle awareness and trigger finger discipline is critical.
Students will be updated with a more detailed overview from the instructor shortly after registration.
- Working handgun (Pistol or Revolver)
- Two Magazines or Speed Loaders if using a revolver
- Sturdy holster that remains open when empty (see below)
- magazine or speed loader pouch (rear pockets are acceptable, but not preferred)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Ballistic rated wrap-around eye protection (no regular glasses)
- Hearing protection (electronic strongly preferred)
- Baseball style hat
- Closed toe shoes
- Clothing that does not present training hazards
- Concealment garment (a button-down shirt or vest works great)
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Pen or pencil
- Orientation and Safety briefing
- Review of firearm safety rules
- Requirements of student conduct during class
- Review of fundamentals
- Review of Use of Force Laws
- Warm up and gentle stretch
- Simple movement forward and backward
- Simple movement from side to side
- Movement during the draw and presentation
- Turn and face, draw, decide, engage multiple targets
- Movement during reloads
- Movement to cover
- Movement from cover to cover and reengagement
- One handed shooting while moving (strong hand & off hand)
- Closing questions and AAR
Serpa holster (any style with trigger finger release), Nylon or Cordura, Shoulder, Cross Draw, Small of the back, Pocket, Sticky, Bang Bra (woman), Inner Thigh (woman), or any holster the Instructor deems unsafe in condition, use, or firearm retention method. These will not be allowed.
Appendix carry will be allowed WITH A MOLDED KYDEX HOLSTER AND PROPER CARRY BELT. No exceptions.
Holster Safety Violations:
Unsafe behavior including (but not limited to) flagging, range damage, refusal to follow commands of instructor or staff, violation of holster rules and/or range rules constitutes at a minimum, loss of privileges for the class. Students will be required to take a basic handgun safety course before returning. No refunds will be given.
Dropping a loaded firearm will constitute a disqualification and possible permanent suspension of holster privileges. Students may be allowed to observe remainder of the class at the Instructor's discretion. A handgun safety class will be required before retaking the Introduction to Dynamic Movement While Shooting class.
Dropping an unloaded firearm may constitute the loss of privileges for the remainder of the day at the instructor's discretion. Students may be required to demonstrate safe gun handling with Instructors before retaking the Introduction to Dynamic Movement While Shooting class. No refunds will be given.
Staff always have the ability to remove a student from class at any time for any reason at their discretion.
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age and must be legally eligible to be in the possession of a firearm under Michigan and Federal Law.
Students must have completed a basic handgun safety course (CPL/Basic Intro and safety) and a draw from the holster class OR demonstrate safe gun handling skills and safe draw from the holster skills with the instructor BEFORE attending the class.
The range does have common caliber ammunition, eyes, and ears for sale if needed. This is an extended range time, therefore students are responsible for $25 range fee to be paid to the range at the start of class.
If you are unsure of laws regarding the transport of a firearm, please reach out to us. Improper transport of a pistol can lead to a 5 year felony. We'd be more than happy to walk you through the process of legal transport.
If you have ANY questions, our staff would love to answer them. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 248-716-5133.